I have to admit, I am a sucker for lists…27 ways to workout better…the 3 things you must know about the President…8 ways to save for retirement.
I don’t know what it is about them but if you write a list I am probably going to read it!
With that said, I came across one of my favorite list articles and thought I would share it with you, with my twist on it.
The 5 Things Successful People Do Before 8 AM:
1. Exercise. This is a no brainer. Honestly, short of your doctor telling you not to do it, there is no reason you aren’t doing something everyday. Do it in the morning…you are MUCH less likely to blow it off.
2. Map Out Your Day. Another way to say this is; begin with the end in mind. What do you want to accomplish today and map it out. Hint: start with excericse!
3. Eat a Healthy Breakfast. I am not a huge eater in the morning. If and when I eat in the morning it is always protein based. That bagel, donut or danish will spike your blood pressure up, however, what goes up must come down. To avoid the 10am sugar crash, eat more protein in the morning.
4. Visualize. Much like #2, mental time in the morning is critically important. Add in a minute or two of meditation and see how much your mood improves
5. Make Your Day Top Heavy. Take a look at your list, and do the most unpleasant task first! Trust me, you will be empowered by this. Plus it won’t be hanging over your head all day, sapping energy from you
6. Drink Water. Get in the habit of drinking water by starting first thing in the morning. Two glasses before 8am gets everything lubricated and helps control hunger.
7. Go see your favorite chiropractor. What did you expect me to say?