As crazy as this sounds, I love the winter. I just don’t like what the winter can do to our bodies.
The naturist in me, loves the snow, it blankets everything in white and is beautiful to look at. The chiropractor in me sees a lot of opportunity for people to hurt themselves.
Here are the six things you need to do to not spend the next 3 days in my office
1. Stretch. Make sure that your back, legs shoulders and arms are warmed up before heading outside.
2. Layers. You are going to work up a sweat, dress in layers to keep yourself warm without overheating.
3. Take your time. Their is no prize for first place. Going zero to 100 in terms of exertion is very dangerous for most people
4. Practice good technique. Remember that bending and twisting is the worst position you can put your spine in. Push snow whenever possible, use a snow blower or better yet, hire a plow guy
5. Hydrate. Yes I know it is cold out, however, shoveling can work up a sweat. Get dehydrated and the chance you hurt you back goes way up.
6. Build an outdoor rink and skate or play hockey! One of the best things about living in the Northeast. Outdoor skating and hockey!
If you do something crazy and ending up hurting yourself, call, text, or email me, I will be happy to help you through what you have done
Enjoy being outside, we don’t do it enough!